Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Climate.gov

I am sure this site has been up for a while, but I just discovered it and thought I would share. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has taken their various data and reports and provided a nice easy interface at climate.gov. It has a magazine, links to data, videos, and climate change assessment reports.

But all of that pales in comparison to my favorite feature, "Past Weather." Want to know the weather on your date of birth, type in the year and city. Want to know the weather yesterday to see if it rained enough to skip watering type in the year and city. This is so MUCH easier then digging through digitized reports in PDF.

Finally, because it is a graph with numbers and I love numbers, I encourage you to check out the Global Climate Dashboard. You can use it to see the change in temperature, carbon dioxide, sea level and much more for the last 50 years. It is an easy way to see how over a long period these factors have shifted.

Still want more climate information? Check out the library's guides to climate and weather and climate change.

No comments:

Post a Comment