- Bank Secrecy Act: Increased Use of Exemption Provisions Could Reduce Currency Transaction Reporting While Maintaining Usefulness to Law Enforcement Efforts. GAO-08-355, February 21.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d08355high.pdf
- Disaster Cost Estimates: FEMA Can Improve Its Learning from Past Experience and Management of Disaster-Related Resources. GAO-08-301, February 22.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d08301high.pdf
- Embassy Security: Upgrades Have Enhanced Security, but Site Conditions Prevent Full Adherence to Standards. GAO-08-162, January 18.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d08162high.pdf
- Forest Service: Better Planning, Guidance, and Data Are Needed to Improve Management of the Competitive Sourcing Program. GAO-08-195, January 22.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d08195high.pdf
- HUD and Treasury Programs: More Information on Leverage Measures' Accuracy and Linkage to Program Goals Is Needed in Assessing Performance. GAO-08-136, January 18.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d08136high.pdf
- Information Security: Protecting Personally Identifiable Information. GAO-08-343, January 25.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d08343high.pdf
- Medicare Part D: Plan Sponsors' Processing and CMS Monitoring of Drug Coverage Requests Could Be Improved. GAO-08-47, January 22.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d0847high.pdf
- Military Personnel: The DOD and Coast Guard Academies Have Taken Steps to Address Incidents of Sexual Harassment and Assault, but Greater Federal Oversight Is Needed. GAO-08-296, January 17.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d08296high.pdf
Special and Related Publications
- Bank Secrecy Act: Surveys of Financial Institutions and CTR Users. (GAO-08-385SP, February 2008), an E-supplement to GAO-08-355. GAO-08-385SP, February 21. [Internet only]
- GAO's Performance Plan for Fiscal Year 2009: Mission, Performance Plans, Resources, and Strategies. GAO-08-507SP, February 19.
- Limitations in DOD's Evaluation Plan for EEO Complaint Pilot Program Hinder Determination of Pilot Results. GAO-08-387R, February 22.
- "Addressing Fiscal Sustainability and Fixing the Social Security System: Two Challenges Facing the Nation," by David M. Walker, comptroller general of the United States, before the AARP Board of Directors Annual Public Policy Meeting, in Washington, D.C. GAO-08-524CG, February 14, 2008 [slides]