Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving is Tomorrow!

Tomorrow brings turkey and mashed potatoes and pie and oh so many good things to eat. In celebration of the day I thought I would highlight a few government resources on Thanksgiving.
  • Facts for Features: Thanksgiving I know not everyone shares my love of numbers, but don't you want to know the average amount of turkey consumed by Americans in a given year? (13.8 pounds in case your curious)
  • Turkey Pardoning Preview It has become a holiday tradition for president's to pardon a turkey, leaving it to live a life that doesn't end on a dinner table. This year, the White House put out a turkey pardoning preview video! I am hoping this link will stay up even after the pardoning at 10:28 MST today.
  • Thanksgiving History This page from the Library of Congress traces the history through primary source materials of the Thanksgiving holiday.
I hope that everyone has a great holiday with tons of food!

No comments:

Post a Comment