- Emergency Preparedness: Current Emergency Alert System Has Limitations, and Development of a New Integrated System Will Be Challenging. GAO-07-411, March 30.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07411high.pdf
- Defense Acquisitions: Assessments of Selected Weapon Programs. GAO-07-406SP, March 30.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07406sphigh.pdf
- Best Practices: An Integrated Portfolio Management Approach to Weapon System Investments Could Improve DOD's Acquisition Outcomes. GAO-07-388, March 30.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07388high.pdf
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Earnings Increased for Many SSA Beneficiaries after Completing VR Services, but Few Earned Enough to Leave SSA's Disability Rolls. GAO-07-332, March 30.
- Foreign Assistance: Enhanced Coordination and Better Methods to Assess the Results of U.S. International Basic Education Efforts Are Needed. GAO-07-523, March 30.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07523high.pdf
- Freedom of Information Act: Processing Trends Show Importance of Improvement Plans. GAO-07-441, March 30.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07441high.pdf
- Information Security: Further Efforts Needed to Address Significant Weaknesses at the Internal Revenue Service. GAO-07-364, March 30.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07364high.pdf
- Financial Audit: Independent and Special Counsel Expenditures for the Six Months Ended September 30, 2006. GAO-07-531, March 30.
- Crude Oil: Uncertainty about Future Oil Supply Makes It Important to Develop a Strategy for Addressing a Peak and Decline in Oil Production. GAO-07-283, February 28.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07283high.pdf
- Disaster Preparedness: Better Planning Would Improve OSHA's Efforts to Protect Workers' Safety and Health in Disasters. GAO-07-193, March 28.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07193high.pdf
- Port Risk Management: Additional Federal Guidance Would Aid Ports in Disaster Planning and Recovery. GAO-07-412, March 28.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07412high.pdf
- Department of Energy: Major Construction Projects Need a Consistent Approach for Assessing Technology Readiness to Help Avoid Cost Increases and Delays. GAO-07-336, March 27.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07336high.pdf
- Food Stamp Program: FNS Could Improve Guidance and Monitoring to Help Ensure Appropriate Use of Noncash Categorical Eligibility. GAO-07-465, March 28.
- Information Security: Sustained Progress Needed to Strengthen Controls at the Securities and Exchange Commission. GAO-07-256, March 27.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07256high.pdf
- Taxpayer Advocate Service: Caseload Has Grown and Taxpayers Report Being Satisfied, but Additional Measures of Efficiency and Effectiveness Are Needed. GAO-07-156, February 22.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07156high.pdf
- Federal Capital: Three Entities' Implementation of Capital Planning Principles Is Mixed. GAO-07-274, February 23.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07274high.pdf
- Telecommunications: GSA Has Accumulated Adequate Funding for Transition to New Contracts but Needs Cost Estimation Policy. GAO-07-268, February 23.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07268high.pdf
- Food and Drug Administration: Revenue Information on Certain Companies Participating in the Medical Device User Fee Program. GAO-07-571R, March 30.
- Operation Iraqi Freedom: Preliminary Observations on Iraqi Security Forces' Logistics and Command and Control Capabilities. GAO-07-503R, March 28.
- Posthearing Questions: Major Management Challenges at the Department of the Interior. GAO-07-659R, March 28.
- Defense Infrastructure: Environmental Cleanup of Former Naval Facilities on Vieques. GAO-07-552R, March 26.
- Defense Services Acquisition: Questions for the Record. GAO-07-640R, March 26.
- NASA: Issues Surrounding the Transition from the Space Shuttle to the Next Generation of Human Space Flight Systems, by Allen Li, director, acquisition and sourcing management, before the Subcommittee on Space, Aeronautics, and Related Sciences, Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation. GAO-07-595T, March 28.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07595thigh.pdf
- Joint Planning and Development Office: Progress and Key Issues in Planning the Transition to the Next Generation Air Transportation System, by Gerald L. Dillingham, director, physical infrastructure issues, before the Subcommittee on Space and Aeronautics, House Committee on Science and Technology. GAO-07-693T, March 29.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07693thigh.pdf
- Anthrax Detection: DHS Cannot Ensure That Sampling Activities Will Be Validated, by Keith A. Rhodes, chief technologist, Center for Technology and Engineering, applied research and methods, before the Subcommittee on Homeland Security, House Committee on Appropriations. GAO-07-687T, March 29.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07687thigh.pdf
- Improper Payments: Agencies' Efforts to Address Improper Payment and Recovery Auditing Requirements Continue, by McCoy Williams, director, financial management and assurance, before the Subcommittee on Federal Financial Management, Government Information, Federal Services, and International Security, Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. GAO-07-635T, March 29.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07635thigh.pdf
- Royalties Collection: Ongoing Problems with Interior's Efforts to Ensure A Fair Return for Taxpayers Require Attention, by Mark E. Gaffigan, acting director, natural resources and environment, before the House Committee on Natural Resources. GAO-07-682T, March 28.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07682thigh.pdf
- Airport Finance: Preliminary Analysis Indicates Proposed Changes in the Airport Improvement Program May Not Resolve Funding Needs for Smaller Airports, by Gerald L. Dillingham, director, physical infrastructure, before the Subcommittee on Aviation, House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure. GAO-07-617T, March 28. http://www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?GAO-07-617T
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07617thigh.pdf
- Defense Acquisitions: Future Combat System Risks Underscore the Importance of Oversight, by Paul L. Francis, director, acquisition and sourcing management, before the Subcommittee on Air and Land Forces, House Committee on Armed Services. GAO-07-672T, March 27.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d07672thigh.pdf