- Aviation and the Environment: Systematically Addressing Environmental Impacts and Community Concerns Can Help Airports Reduce Project Delays. GAO-10-50, September 13.
- Defense Exports: Reporting on Exported Articles and Services Needs to Be Improved. GAO-10-952, September 21.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d10952high.pdf
- Recovery Act: Opportunities to Improve Management and Strengthen Accountability over States' and Localities' Uses of Funds. GAO-10-999, September 20.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d10999high.pdf
Podcast available - http://www.gao.gov/podcast/watchdog_episode_28.html
- State and Local Government Pension Plans: Governance Practices and Long-term Investment Strategies Have Evolved Gradually as Plans Take On Increased Investment Risk. GAO-10-754, August 24.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d10754high.pdf
- National Institutes of Health: Awarding Process, Awarding Criteria, and Characteristics of Extramural Grants Made with Recovery Act Funding. GAO-10-848, August 6.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d10848high.pdf
- President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief: Efforts to Align Programs with Partner Countries' HIV/AIDS Strategies and Promote Partner Country Ownership. GAO-10-836, September 20.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d10836high.pdf
- Sudan Divestment: U.S. Investors Sold Assets but Could Benefit from Increased Disclosure Regarding Companies' Ties to Sudan. GAO-10-742, June 22.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d10742high.pdf
- Global Positioning System: Challenges in Sustaining and Upgrading Capabilities Persist. GAO-10-636, September 15.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d10636high.pdf
Podcast available - http://www.gao.gov/podcast/watchdog_episode_29.html
- Whistleblower Protection: Sustained Management Attention Needed to Address Long-standing Program Weaknesses. GAO-10-722, August 17.
- Community Development Block Grants: Entitlement Communities' and States' Methods of Distributing Funds Reflect Program Flexibility. GAO-10-1011, September 15.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d101011high.pdf
- Financial Management Systems: Experience with Prior Migration and Modernization Efforts Provides Lessons Learned for New Approach. GAO-10-808, September 8.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d10808high.pdf
- Information Security: Progress Made on Harmonizing Policies and Guidance for National Security and Non-National Security Systems. GAO-10-916, September 15.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d10916high.pdf
- Nuclear Waste: Actions Needed to Address Persistent Concerns with Efforts to Close Underground Radioactive Waste Tanks at DOE's Savannah River Site. GAO-10-816, September 14.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d10816high.pdf
- Public Transportation: Use of Contractors Is Generally Enhancing Transit Project Oversight, and FTA Is Taking Actions to Address Some Stakeholder Concerns. GAO-10-909, September 14.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d10909high.pdf
- Iraqi-U.S. Cost-Sharing: Iraq Has a Cumulative Budget Surplus, Offering the Potential for Further Cost-Sharing. GAO-10-304, September 13.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d10304high.pdf
- Perchlorate: Occurrence Is Widespread but at Varying Levels; Federal Agencies Have Taken Some Actions to Respond to and Lessen Releases. GAO-10-769, August 12.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d10769high.pdf
- 2010 Resubmission of the U.S.-Russia Nuclear Cooperation Agreement: Further Actions Needed by State and Other Agencies to Improve the Review of the Classified Nuclear Proliferation Assessment. GAO-10-1039R, September 21.
- House and Senate Campaign Expenditures: Available Historical Data Limited, but Range of Limited Estimates for Reported Media-Related Expenditures Possible. GAO-10-685R, September 21.
- Recovery Act: Survey of State Housing Finance Agencies' Use of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Assistance Program (TCAP) and the Section 1602 Program. GAO-10-1022R, September 20.
- Carbon Trading: Current Situation and Oversight Considerations for Policymakers. GAO-10-851R, August 19.
- Export Promotion: The Export-Import Bank's Financing of Dual-Use Exports. GAO-10-1052R, September 15.
- Joint Strike Fighter: Assessment of DOD's Funding Projection for the F136 Alternate Engine. GAO-10-1020R, September 15.
- Military Training: DOD Continues to Improve Its Report on the Sustainability of Training Ranges. GAO-10-977R, September 14.
- Defense Planning: DOD Needs to Review the Costs and Benefits of Basing Alternatives for Army Forces in Europe. GAO-10-745R, September 13.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families: Implications of Caseload and Program Changes for Families and Program Monitoring, by Kay E. Brown, director, education, workforce, and income security, before the Senate Committee on Finance. GAO-10-815T, September 21. http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-10-815T
- Veterans' Benefits: Training for Experienced Disability Claims Processors, by Daniel Bertoni, director, education, workforce, and income security, before the Subcommittee on Disability Assistance and Memorial Affairs, House Committee on Veterans' Affairs. GAO-10-1029T, September 16.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d101029thigh.pdf
- Combating Nuclear Smuggling: Inadequate Communication and Oversight Hampered DHS Efforts to Develop an Advanced Radiography System to Detect Nuclear Materials, statement for the record by Gene Aloise, director, natural resources and environment; and Stephen L. Caldwell, director, homeland security and justice, before the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. GAO-10-1041T, September 15.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d101041thigh.pdf
- Medicare: CMS Has Addressed Some Implementation Problems from Round 1 of the Durable Medical Equipment Competitive Bidding Program for the Round 1 Rebid, by Kathleen M. King, director, health care, before the Subcommittee on Health, House Committee on Energy and Commerce. GAO-10-1057T, September 15.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d101057thigh.pdf
- Defense Health Care: Status of Efforts to Address Lack of Compliance with Personality Disorder Separation Requirements, by Debra A. Draper, director, health care, before the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs. GAO-10-1013T, September 15.